Soo my mother and I have been on the quest to find the perfect meatball recipe for years soo after trying many different ones together we came up with this (by mixing different things from the many we tried and adding our own) and these meatballs are AMAZING! The plus side is they have some veggie mixed in!
1 Pound Ground Beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot (i used a food processor to make it very fine)
1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
1/2 Cup milk
1 large size jar Prego Spaghetti sauce 45oz
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
1) In a large mixing bowl mix together Ground beef, milk, eggs, chopped onion, chopped carrot, seasoned panko bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, minced garlic,black pepper, basil and 1/2 cup of prego spaghetti sauce (set the rest of the spaghetti sauce to the side)
2) After mixing together the above ingredients, roll meat mixture into meatballs and place on a tray/plate then refrigerate the meatballs for 10 minutes (this helps the mixture stick together during the browning process) At this time preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3) In a stainless steal skillet heat olive oil to medium high heat and brown the meatballs, flipping to each side until totally brown all the way around.. Remember the actual cooking process will be done in the oven you are just browning the outside of the meatballs
4) Place browned meatballs in your baking dish and pour remaining sauce on top… They should be completely covered in sauce at this point…
5) Place baking dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour!
6) Your Meatballs are done…. You can eat them however you choose… I made my spaghetti and meatballs for my daughter and meatball subs for everyone else! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!