I love veggie burgers and I have been trying for years to find a really good one that is both delicious and filling… Well I found these and I truly love them. Also they are cheap to make and I already had everything for them in my house so I did not even have to run out to the store for ingredients which is always a plus when you live 20 minutes away from the nearest grocery store. Anyway I hope you Enjoy these as much as I did!
Black Bean Veggie Burgers:
4 cups of Cooked Black Beans (I cooked my beans from Dry beans but you could use 2 cans low sodium black beans)
1/2 Cup Organic Baby Carrots chopped (I used a food processor)
1 Small Onion chopped fine ( I used a food processor)
3/4 Cup Panko Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil (about 4 tablespoons)
2 Extra Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Dry or 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 tablespoon Cilantro
1) Divide the 4 cups of cooked black beans in half. In a food processor chop 2 cups of beans and set the other 2 cups of beans aside for later
2) In a large bowl combine the chopped black beans with your eggs, bread crumbs, onions, carrots, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sea salt and cilantro and mix all together
3) Add the 2 cups of black beans that were not mashed to the mixture and stir them in. The cover the bowl and chill it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
4) Divide into patties… In my pictures you will see I made 6 patties but I recommend 8 because they are way to big when just 6 are made…
5) Once patties are made slip them back in the refrigerator while you heat your skillet for about 5 minutes.
6) Once skillet is heated to Medium heat add olive oil and Cook patties over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes per side totaling around 12 minutes or until golden brown… Make sure to cook thoroughly because this mixture contains eggs
7) Serve Over a salad or on a bun with your favorite Toppings! Sure hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
This Recipe Was adapted From Chocolate And Carrots